Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

Audition!! (⌒▽⌒)

Hello!
The lady-like Jenny here! (⌒▽⌒)

Two days ago I attended an audition for a musical that some third year students at my university are doing for their final year project.
They were opening for two female parts, one lead and then another part who sings towards the end of the show. I read the story from the script I was given and I practiced the song I was given so when I set ff for my audition I felt very confident in myself. I get nervous with my acting but with my singing I always feel more confident.

I arrived at university but I was half an hour early so I went to get a quick cool drink from the student union bar!


I've been suffering from a very sore throat lately so the cold drink helped to soothe my voice. I also took some cough medicine to also help my throat feel less sore.

I then arrived at the audition and I felt confident in talking to the people and they were very friendly in the audition and after I completed reading from the script and singing what I needed to, I got told I passed the audition! I am very happy and I'm going to be contacted later this week to know which part I have. It's been two years since I was last in a musical so it will be so fun to be returning to acting and singing on the stage. My passions for acting and singing are even stronger when I get to put them together!

A picture of me before I set off for my audition (apologies for the blurriness I'm still getting used to this new camera >.<)
This evening I then went to my class' performance venue to run through our performance and it went very well! There are still some little things to nitpick but from what I experienced I got chills from the things we've filmed and edited. I hope the audiences get the same feelings to this show that I got!

Thank you for reading! Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment