Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

Goodbye 2015! Hello 2016!



Hi everyone!!

I hope you all had an amazing 2015, and I hope 2016 bring you just as much or even more happiness. I feel like right now is the best time for people to learn from last year and know what to look forward to for 2016. 
Now I have to say 2015 has been such an amazing year, I accomplished so many things I didn't think I was capable of, but I did it! And it's kept me motivated to keep working hard in 2016. This blog post will be a recap of all of my adventures in 2015, and what I want to do in 2016!


EDUCATION
Later copy of an original portrait, which was painted c.1534.This year has been my last year at university and I was so happy to have graduated with a 2:1 in Performance for Live and Recorded Media. I learned a lot about myself from that course and I came out with amazing experiences and friends. I do have to say I still miss uni a lot, but at the same time I am excited to see what my future will be post-university. This last year of university I have learned so much about myself and what I want to do in my life.


One of the highlights of my last year at university was when I did my final year project. The project consisted of our course creating our own performance pieces that was our very own and because I love the theatre and history so much I decided to combine them. I wrote a full length script about the first two marriages of Henry VIII and it was so much fun! I worked with the most amazing people and I learned a lot about myself as an actress; that I also have a lot of fun writing too! It has encouraged me to get into writing again so I would love to do more script writing next year! I want to do some script writing for some upcoming music projects I want to do so I hope it works out well. The play was a success for me and I got good grades from it! I also got to play one of my favourite historical figures: Anne Boleyn. It was a pleasure playing her and learning more about her as an individual when I was doing my research.

I also made some of the most amazing friend while I was at university and there will be many of them that I will cherish for a long time to come. We all have our own busy lives with new jobs and aspirations but I always try to keep in touch with them as much as I can even if some of them live on the other side of the country.

YOUTUBE
I have to say that this year was probably the best one I have had on youtube! I reached 300 subscribers on my channel at the start of the year and I am now nearing 360! I know it doesn't sound like a lot to some people but it does make me proud of my channel. I do definitely think it has grown a lot this year from what it was in 2014. My channel has always been about singing videos, but I have had so much fun making other videos such as talking about idols, H!P and my vlogs which I have been doing this month. I've also dabbled in other kinds of videos to see what I enjoy doing and I definitely do intend to keep uploading different kinds of videos on my channel. I have so much fun interacting with other youtubers who I looked up to when I first started and it's just such an amazing transformation to what I did last year. I feel more natural to talk in front of the camera so it has made me more proud to do youtube. It's still a small channel but I want to make it grow and gain some amazing memories from it! YouTube is a hobby for me, but it's one I work very hard at! Keep expecting more singing videos this year!

MUSIC
In 2015 I released my first original single, and boy was I nervous when it was first released. J-E-N-N-Y was a song I had written with Katana who is the manager of Crystal Rose and I had so much fun singing the song and making the music video. I was nervous to see what people's reactions would be for the video but I recieved so much praise from friends, family and viewers. It made me so proud of the work I had done in terms of singing and song-writing which are two big passions of mine. The last couple of months I have been working on a new original song that I have written all by myself and composed and it is a very personal song for me. It will be different to what I have released before but I am so excited when it is released in 2016.

I also have goals this year of pursuing my singing. I want to make a career out of it now, and right now I am preparing myself to apply for agents. I also want to perform at more conventions in 2016 too! I performed twice at Yorkshire Cosplay Con in 2015, and I have so many ideas for performances in 2016, so I am very excited to perform for you guys this year! I'm just so full of creative energy it makes me so excited!!

PERSONAL LIFE
I have to say that 2015 was a year that didn't start out well. I went through some personal heartbreak which really broke me so 2015 didn't get off to a great start but as the year continued I was a lot happier. This year I now live with my boyfriend while I save up for my very own place to live. It is a scary journey but I am enjoying going along with it. I also got my first job after university and even though it can be tiring and drive me up the wall sometimes, I have met some really lovely people who work really hard. I also have a lot of fun talking to customers and just talking about everyday things. It just makes me smile at the end of a hard-working day. As soon as I get home I just want to sleep, but at the end of the day I am happy to be in a good position where I can take care of myself.

Also in the second half of this year I started to eat a lot healthier and it really has paid off so I vow to myself for 2016 that I will eat a lot healthier. I also want to get back into dancing again as a way of exercising. I hate the gym so I think dancing is the perfect way for me to become healthy again! I might start learning H!P dances again too so I might be putting dancing videos back up onto my youtube channel but I will have to see if I'm confident enough to do them again!


I am very excited to see what 2016 brings for me! I also hope you have an amazing 2016 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment